Handbook of Operating Procedures 5-1230
Appointment and Term of Appointment of Administrative and Professional Personnel (Other than Administrative Officers)
I. Policy Statement
It is the policy of The University of Texas at Austin (“University”) to establish rules regarding the appointment and termination of the University’s Administrative and Professional personnel (other than administrative officers).
II. Reason for Policy
To provide procedures for the appointment and termination of Administrative and Professional personnel (other than administrative officers).
III. Scope & Audience
This policy applies to all Administrative and Professional (A&P) personnel (other than administrative officers).
IV. Definitions (specific to this policy)
V. Website (for policy)
VII. Responsibilities & Procedures
- "Administrative and Professional Personnel" are those with budget codes of 1000 and 0080. (Refer to HOP 5-9993 for policies related to "Classified Personnel".)
- Appointment, Reappointment and Dismissal
- The Board has delegated to the Chancellor and the Chancellor has delegated to the President the responsibility for the appointment and dismissal of all administrative and professional personnel (other than administrative officers).
- Each appointment of an administrative or professional staff member (other than an administrative officer) shall be for a period of time not to extend beyond the end of the fiscal year. Dismissal during the period of appointment shall be for good cause only. Such appointments shall terminate at the expiration of the stated period of appointment without a requirement for notification of non renewal.
- Each such appointee may be considered for reappointment to a succeeding one year term. Reappointments of such appointees are subject to the pleasure of the administrative officers to whom they are assigned; however, prior approval of the President shall be necessary for each such reappointment, non renewal of appointment.
VIII. Form & Tools
Last review date: April 27, 1988
(Minor editorial change approved October 18, 2012)
Previously: HOP 2.3