Handbook of Operating Procedures 2-1020
Colleges, Schools and Departments
The University of Texas at Austin
Executive Sponsor: Executive Vice President and Provost
February 1, 1976
- Colleges and Schools.
- The voting members of the college or school faculty are the same as for the General Faculty (see HOP 2-1010).
- Special titles such as Professor of Home Economics and Education indicate voting membership in both colleges.
- Standing committees of the colleges and schools shall be appointed by the respective deans, either annually or biennially.
- A faculty member shall have voting status in a department on departmental matters if:
- He/She holds a full-time appointment in that department and holds the rank of Professor, Visiting Professor, Associate Professor, Visiting Associate Professor, Assistant Professor, Instructor or Lecturer. The assignment of a faculty member to an administrative post, released time for research, career development, an endowed chair or such other activities as may be approved by the President shall not jeopardize the voting status of the individual under this provision.
He/She holds joint appointments in two or more departments, the sum of which corresponds to full-time appointment in the University, and holds any of the ranks listed in subsection a., above, and
- the terms of the original appointment accorded the faculty member voting status in the department or
- the joint appointment is subsequent to his initial appointment and comprises at least 50% time appointment in the department as detailed in the budget.
Previously HOP 1.5